Recorder of Deeds

Deed Search

Marriage License Search

Recording Fees

Recording Requirements


Property Fraud Alert



Recorder of Deeds Services






When To Talk To Us:
You should contact the Recorder of Deeds office whenever you have questions about
the ownership of land or during the process of transferring land ownership. While you
may create and file your own deed, it is recommended that you enlist an Attorney or Title Company as to insure accurate deed preparation, execution and recording.


What We Can Not Do:
Unfortunately, we do not have the funds or the personnel to research genealogy. We do have some historical records, including Real Estate Transfers: 1819 - Present and Marriage Licenses: 1819 - Present.
click here for a list of available resources that may assist in your search



For information about becoming a monthly subscriber with the ability to access and print documents from a remote location. Click Here



All documents to be filed must conform to a set of generalized guidelines. Please see General Document Requirements


The Recorder of Deeds office is where all transactions having to do with land including attachments, Warranty Deeds, Deeds of Trust and Quit Claim Deeds are recorded and kept as permanent record.

Please see the following requirements for more information.
Real Estate Requirements
Plat Requirements
Survey Requirements


The Recorder of Deeds Office issues Marriage Licenses, files the license after marriage, and maintains a permanent record, alphabetically, by the bride and groom’s name and the date of marriage. Marriage License Request Form

Down load a copy of  the Marriage License Application here. you can print this page, fill in the application and bring the
completed form to our office. We will then transfer the information to our official form, this helps make the application time shorter.


Marriage License Applications are accepted from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. M-F except legal holidays.
click here for Marriage License Information.

You may also call our Marriage License information line at 636-583-6367

Armed Forces Document (DD214)

 Download instructions on How to Request Form and Request Form for Military Discharge Papers


400 E Locust
Room 102

Union, MO 63084-1675

636 583-6367
fax 636-583-7330


Franklin County Offices  400 E Locust, Union, MO. 63084    hours: M-F 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM /td>